Software components, which are outdated, are one of the major risk factors for cyber attacks in industrial products or critical infrastructure. That is why legislators as well as compliance departments of operators expect defined IT security management processes ensuring that the software is up to date.
Component monitoring is intended to continuously check whether the Linux kernel as well as other open source components in the product are in a recent, well maintained version. This is a prerequisite for maintaining a defined security status in accordance with the current state of technology and it offers an economical software life cycle management for embedded Linux board support packages (BSP).
The emlix security monitoring includes, among other things, the following services:
- Monitoring of various sources of information
- Context-specific evaluation of potential security topics
- Customer- and product-specific security report
- Recommendations and planning measures together with the customer
- Compilation of security patches (patch management)
- Information for supplier or security compliance declarations
Please do not hesitate to contact us for further information about security monitoring.
Phone +49 (0) 551 / 306 64 - 0
solutions [at] emlix.com